Information that we collect from you
When you visit, register or access services on the Website you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself including your name, date of birth, gender, occupation, home address, home telephone number, work telephone number, email address, lifestyle information, health conditions, medical details and treatment history. This information may be collected actively by part of;
- Fulling a reservation or information requests
- Processing a transaction
- Purchasing products from The Ficarras’s Spa either online or from The Spa itself,
- Responding to communications from us (e.g. surveys, promotional offers or reservation communications and/or other trusted third parties).
- Improving our products and services of the business
- Notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the Website or our treatments.
- Submitting for a job application
The Ficarra’s Spa may also collect non-personally identifiable information about you, such as your use of websites, communication preferences and marketing strategies. We endeavour to collect information only with your knowledge and with permission if necessary.
We may also collect information about your usage of our Website as well as information about you from messages you post to the Website and e-mails or letters you send to us. The Ficarra’s Spa collects information about our guests and visitor’s to the Website so we can provide an experience which is responsive to our guests’ and visitors’ needs.
Under no circumstance will we rent, sell, or share any information provided by you to any third party without your permission.
Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to us will be held on our computer(s) and may be accessed by or given to our staff for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information and provide support services on our behalf. We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our site to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
Situations in which The Ficarra’s Spa may disclose your information to others may include:
- When we have received your full consent to do so
- In situations where sharing or disclosing your information is required in order to offer you products or services you desire (e.g. a special offer or prize which is in conjunction with one of our strategic partners)
- When companies or service providers that perform business activities on behalf of The Ficarra’s Spa require such information (e.g. customer support services, market research administration or database management services)
- In the event of The Ficarra’s Spa is merged or acquired by another company
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law or court order
- In case of emergency such as to safeguard the life, health or property of an individual
Countries outside the European Economic Area do not always have strong data protection laws. However, we will always take steps to ensure that your information is used by third parties in accordance with this policy.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
As part of our commitment to keep you informed, we may mail, e-mail, telephone, SMS via your mobile or contact you by other means to notify you of new The Ficarra’s Spa products and services, or upcoming The Ficarra’s Spa special offers, events, enhancements, or other relevant information that may be of interest to you. We always offer you the option to decline any or all of these communications by following the directions included in our e-mails or other communications, or by contacting The Ficarra’s Spa directly via:
Telephone: + (44) (0)1328 863260
Post: The Ficarra’s Spa, 61 Greenway Lane, Fakenham, Norfolk, NR21 8ES
The Ficarra’s Spa will not use any personal information of customers collected from the ‘Contact Us’ page (www.theficarras.co.uk/contact-us) in our Website or email query sent to our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) for purposes other than the following:
- To use contact address of customer in order to answer in query from such customer.
We will not use this data submitted through our ‘Contact Us’ form for any marketing purposes.
We will keep your information provided via the ‘Contact Us’ form for no longer than 5 years.
Situations in which The Ficarra’s Spa may disclose your information, from the ‘Contact Us’ page, to others may include:
- When we have received your full consent to do so.
- When companies or service providers that perform business activities on behalf of The Ficarra’s Spa require such information (e.g. customer support services, market research administration or database management services).
- In the event of The Ficarra’s Spa is merged or acquired by another company.
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements or obligations in accordance with applicable law or court order.
- In case of emergency such as to safeguard the life, health or property of an individual.
How Information Is Used
The Ficarra’s Spa primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with personalised services, interactive communications and online shopping ease. When you are on the Website and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with The Ficarra’s Spa alone. The Ficarra’s Spa does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances: (a) to protect the security of our web site and our rights as set forth in our Terms and Conditions, (b) in response to legal process or proceedings, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims (c) when we believe in good faith that the law requires such action, (d) to a trusted partner who works with or on behalf of The Ficarra’s Spa, provided that such partner delivers to us a confidentiality agreement confirming to us that they do not have an independent right to share this information with others, or (e) in connection with a sale of our business or company.
Access To Personally Identifiable Information
To ensure that your personally identifiable information (PII) is accurate and up-to-date, we encourage you to regularly review and update your information as appropriate (e.g. in the event your home or e-mail address changes, or you wish to add an additional method for us to communicate with you). If you are a client of The Ficarra’s Spa, you can review and update your induvial client profile with the assistance of one of The Ficarra’s Spa staff members.
Please note that in an effort to prevent the unauthorized disclosure of your PII, you may be asked to provide proof of identity (or other authentication materials). Access to PII cannot be provided by telephone.
If, you wish to deactivate or update your PII, we will endeavour to do so in a timely manner. Occasionally, information that you request to be removed will be retained in certain files for a period of time in order to properly resolve disputes or to troubleshoot problems. In addition, some types of information may be stored indefinitely on “back up” systems or within log files due to technical constraints, or financial or legal requirements. Therefore, you should not always expect that all of your PII will be completely removed from our databases in response to your request.
You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please contact us. You may notify us of any amendments and corrections to previously collected information by:
Telephone: + (44) (0)1328 863260
Post: The Ficarra’s Spa, 61 Greenway Lane, Fakenham, Norfolk, NR21 8ES
Intellectual property rights
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
As required by the Data Protection Act 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given to us to prevent unauthorised access.
The Ficarra’s Spa recognizes the importance of information security, and is constantly reviewing and enhancing our technical, physical and logical security rules and procedures. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. The Ficarra’s Spa owned Websites and servers have security measures in place to help protect your personally identifiable information (PII) against loss, misuse, and alteration while under our control. Although “guaranteed security” does not exist either on or off the Internet, we safeguard your information using both procedural and technical safeguards, including password controls, “firewalls” and the use of encryption to help protect your data from interception and hacking while in transit. [Malware?]
When you place an order online at www.theficarras.co.uk, your credit card information is protected through the use of encryption technology, generally known as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. SSL makes it difficult for your credit card information to be intercepted or stolen during transmission. We use PayPal as our secure payment gateway. PayPal encodes sensitive information like your credit card number when it passes through the internet.
We reserve the right to appoint an Internet Service Provider to host our Website on our behalf which may be situated outside the European Economic Area. By agreeing to our terms and conditions of use of our Website you consent to any transfer of your personal information outside the European Economic Area. You should be aware that countries outside the European Union may have a lower standard of protection for personal information than that required by the Data Protection Act 1998.
Online Technologies & Cookies
Cookies are designed to save you time because they help us to provide you with a customized experience without you having to remind us of your preferences each time you return to our web pages. The Ficarra’s Spa cookies are not designed to damage your files, nor can they read information from other files on your computer hard drive.
Cookies can also help us provide you with a personalized on-line experience in the following ways:
- They remember your username and password for future visits so log-in is easier and faster
- They ensure you are provided with the appropriate frames and content
- They ensure you obtain all requested information
- They help us deliver communications that are relevant and responsive to your interests and location
- Process the items in your shopping cart.
The Ficarra’s Spa cookies are limited to our Websites only, and are not designed to follow you when traveling on the Internet after leaving The Ficarra’s Spa owned Websites. We track the usage of our Websites in order to better meet your needs and to help make it easier for you to find information in the future. Please note that in addition to The Ficarra’s Spa cookies, various third parties may also place cookies on your computer’s hard drive. The Ficarra’s Spa is not responsible for the presence or absence of third party cookies, or for the technological capabilities or practices employed by third parties in connection with third party cookies.
If you would prefer not to have the benefits of cookies, your Internet browser can be adjusted to treat cookies in different ways. Depending upon the type of browser you are using, you may be able to configure your browser so that: (i) you are prompted to accept or reject cookies on an individual basis or (ii) you may be able to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. You should refer to the supplier or manufacturer of your web browser for specific details about cookie security. However, you should also understand that rejecting cookies might affect your ability to perform certain transactions on our web sites and our ability to recognize your browser from one visit to the next.
The Ficarra’s Spa also uses invisible pixels, sometimes called web beacons, to count how many people visit certain web pages. Information collected from invisible pixels is used and reported in the aggregate and does not contain personally identifiable information. The Ficarra’s Spa may use this information to improve marketing programs and content.
WHERE WE HAVE GIVEN YOU (OR WHERE YOU HAVE CHOSEN) A PASSWORD WHICH ENABLES YOU TO ACCESS CERTAIN PARTS OF OUR SITE, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING THIS PASSWORD CONFIDENTIAL. WE ASK YOU NOT TO SHARE A PASSWORD WITH ANYONE.
THE MATERIAL DISPLAYED ON OUR SITE IS PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY GUARANTEES, CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO ITS ACCURACY. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE, OTHER MEMBERS OF OUR GROUP OF COMPANIES AND THIRD PARTIES CONNECTED TO US HEREBY EXPRESSLY EXCLUDE:
- ALL CONDITIONS, WARRANTIES AND OTHER TERMS WHICH MIGHT OTHERWISE BE IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR THE LAW OF EQUITY.
- ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE INCURRED BY ANY USER IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SITE OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR RESULTS OF THE USE OF OUR SITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT AND ANY MATERIALS POSTED ON IT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LIABILITY FOR:
- LOSS OF INCOME OR REVENUE;
- LOSS OF BUSINESS;
- LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONTRACTS;
- LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS;
- LOSS OF DATA;
- LOSS OF GOODWILL;
- WASTED MANAGEMENT OR OFFICE TIME
FOR ANY OTHER LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, HOWEVER ARISING AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE, PROVIDED THAT THIS CONDITION SHALL NOT PREVENT CLAIMS FOR LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO YOUR TANGIBLE PROPERTY OR ANY OTHER CLAIMS FOR DIRECT FINANCIAL LOSS THAT ARE NOT EXCLUDED BY ANY OF THE CATEGORIES SET OUT ABOVE.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Links to Other Websites
In order to anticipate your needs, The Ficarra’s Spa provides links to other web sites for your convenience and information. The Ficarra’s Spa is not responsible or liable for any content presented by or contained on any independent web site, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices. Please note that while The Ficarra’s Spa will protect your information on The Ficarra’s Spa owned and operated web sites, we cannot control and will not be responsible for the privacy policies of third party web sites so that if you click on one of these links, you will be leaving our Website and entering another web site. Third party web sites that are accessed through links on our Website have separate privacy and data collection practices, and security measures. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented by third parties on their web sites. We encourage you to contact them to ask questions about their privacy practices, policies and security measures before disclosing any personally identifiable information. We recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked web sites to understand how those web sites collect, use and store information.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
The Ficarra’s Spa does not seek to obtain nor does it wish to receive personally identifiable information directly from children; however, we cannot always determine the age of persons who access and use our Website. If a child (as defined by applicable law) provides us with his/her data without parental or guardian consent, we encourage the parent or guardian to contact us to have this information removed and to unsubscribe the minor from future The Ficarra’s Spa marketing communications.
If you would like to update your information, modify your communication preferences, or if you do not want to receive marketing communications from The Ficarra’s Spa in the future, you can contact us:
Telephone: + (44) (0)1328 863260
In writing: The Ficarra’s Spa, 61 Greenway Lane, Fakenham, Norfolk, NR21 8ES
Updates to The Privacy Statement
The Ficarra’s Spa may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time in order to meet changes in the regulatory environment, business needs, or to satisfy the needs of our guests, properties, strategic marketing partners, and service providers. Updated versions will be posted to our Website and date stamped so that you are always aware of when the Privacy Statement was last updated.
LAST UPDATED: April 2018
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our Website www.theficarras.co.uk (our Website). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of Website use www.theficarras.co.uk/terms-conditions
Our website, www.theficarras.co.uk, is a site operated by The Ficarra’s Spa. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 03121664 and have our registered office at 61 Greenway Lane, Fakenham, Norfolk, NR21 8ES.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of the Website use www.theficarras.co.uk/terms-conditions
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- Any part of our site;
- Any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- Any software used in the provision of our site; or
- Any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
LAST UPDATED: April 2018
SOCIAL MEDIA TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Ficarra’s Spa enjoys interacting with you on public social media platforms. If you respond to our brand’s questions, posts or otherwise post content on or via our official presence via these platforms, we may use or republish your posted text, photo, video or other materials (collectively ‘Content’) as outlined below. Our official brand presence on social media platforms includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. By posting or otherwise making available any content responding to or communicating with us on or via our official brand presence on social media platforms/sites and branded hashtags (including and without limitation Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube), you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older and that you agree to the following terms and conditions: You irrevocably grant The Ficarra’s Spa and its affiliates, licensees and assign a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted right and global license to copy, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, publish, post, distribute, publicly perform, sublicense, or otherwise provide to others, your content in any and all media, formats and channels (now in existence or hereinafter developed) for any purpose, including advertising and commercial purposes. In the spirit of community and because we appreciate that you want to be recognised by us with what is commonly referred to as a “shout-out,” we will try to credit you as the author/source of the Content by referring to your social media platform handle or identifier. (By posting, you agree that we may identify you as the author/source of the Content.) We might use any really good ideas, suggestions, developments, and/or other material offered to us via your posted Content without any attribution or compensation to you. By sending us Content as yourself, you represent and warrant that the Content does not violate or infringe any rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, rights of publicity and privacy. Important Note: If any third-party content is included in your posted Content you must obtain permission from the content owner and attribute/credit such content to the owner. We respectfully ask that you follow the following simple rules that will prevent us from deleting and otherwise blocking you.
- Please don’t post any Content that is disruptive, abusive, vulgar, profane, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, or which discloses personally identifiable information or private or personal matters concerning any person. Don’t post any Content that you don’t have the right to post/transmit (and grant us the rights above) under applicable law or under contractual or fiduciary relationship.
- Never post anything that might be offensive to others, such as sexual comments or racial slurs. Remember that talk of religion, culture or politics can also easily offend others. If you are uncertain or concerned about the appropriateness of any statement or posting, refrain from posting it!
- You warrant and represent that all testimonials, endorsements and/or advertisements contained in your posted Content are truthful, accurate and represent your opinion and personal experience.
Be respectful to others when making any statement on social media and be aware that you are personally responsible for all communications which will be published on the internet for anyone to see.
You agree to hold The Ficarra’s Spa (sometimes referred to herein as “us” or “our”), affiliates, agents and licensees (collectively, “Indemnitees”) harmless, and defend and indemnify the Indemnitees from any claim, disputes, demands, proceedings, cause of action, judgments, damages, liabilities, losses, costs or expense of any kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed which may arise out of or are in any way connected with your posted Content and/or your use of our official brand presence on Social Media Platforms. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude (i) all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; (ii) any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- Loss of income or revenue;
- Loss of business;
- Loss of profits or contracts;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of data;
- Loss of goodwill;
- Wasted management or office time; and
- For any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
- This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.